What to Bring
Things to bring on your fishing Charter
Capt. CR will provide all of the tackle and ice. We will also fillet and bag your catch for you to enjoy later. With an unforgettable fishing experience with Capt. CR, here are a few things to bring with you on your trip.
- Bring food and drink. I will have a cooler on board with ice or you can bring a soft cooler that we can stow in one of the hatches so it’s not in way.
- The reflection of the sun on the ocean is intense, bring sunscreen
- A hat and sunglasses very helpful
- Nonskid deck shoes are helpful, be sure to bring shoes that can get wet
- An additional empty cooler for your fish for the ride home
- Bring your favorite lures and tackle or just use our quality tackle.
- A valid Texas saltwater fishing license is required
- If prone to seasickness, it is usually recommended to take your medication the night before the trip, then again in the morning of the trip
Tips For ALL Your Fishing Trips:
BE ON TIME, Be on time, preferably early. The early morning bite is usually the most successful. Most fish love to feed at sunrise.
Listen to your captain. We want to teach you about saltwater techniques and how you can catch more fish.
Wear the proper clothing for the weather conditions. Don’t forget to include fishing hats and sunglasses. Please don’t wear black sole shoes.
Stay healthy. Drink plenty of water and hydrating drinks. Apply plenty of sunscreen especially during the summer fishing trips.